About this course
April special! $75 off $249 -- pay only $174 for 9 CE hours. Discount preapplied!
If you're like many therapists, you might encourage your clients to write journals. But then what?
Many therapists encourage their clients to write journals, but few know the theories, practices, tips and techniques to transform the everyday journal into a powerful tool in the therapeutic process. In this innovative workshop a pioneer in the field maps the path to evidence-based theory and standards-based practice in this rapidly growing expressive arts field. You'll learn:
- The four benefits--and one barrier--therapists say happens when clients write journals
- The Journal Ladder--a simple theory that changes everything
- Fourteen writing technique calibrated to the client's capacity to use them
- Pragmatic, immediately applicable tips to help clients get started and stay motivated
- Troubleshooting tips for challenging situations
- Journal interventions for common presenting problems
- When you are ready to place order, scroll up to GREEN "Register Now" button
- Helping the "wounded writer"
- How to manage privacy concerns
- Keeping a self-supervision journal
- with "Neuro Nuggets" by Deborah Ross LPC, journal therapist and author, Your Brain on Ink
- You're in charge! Start when you want, work at your own pace
- Long-term access! The course never expires and is always here waiting for you
- Content is delivered in six text-based modules with 6-9 lessons in each module. Modules are delivered every 3-4 days across three weeks.
- Each module builds on the next, so they must be taken in order. However, modules may be accumulated and completed at your own pace.
- Modules 1, 2 and 6 take approximately one hour each. Modules 3, 4 and 5 take approximately two hours each.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing education for therapists
The Center for Journal Therapy is an approved provider of continuing education (ACEP® #5782) through the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). Nine (9) CEs are earned through this course.